Monday, July 8, 2013

Day 8: Keep It Classy, New Mexico

Oh, New Mexico.

I've lived here for a majority of my life, but I never cease to be amazed  by the absolutely crazy things that happen here. Sometimes I wonder if this isn't some kind of secret hub for all of the world's nuttiest people (which might explain why I'm here and how every time I leave, I get an overwhelming urge to come right back). Maybe it's something in the water, or a lack of water, but New Mexico attracts crazy like a moth to a flame.

To prove just how insane we all are here, I gathered my five favorite nutty New Mexican news stories that occurred between  August 2012 right up until yesterday. These are all stories from just this year, which should not only showcase how bizarre this place is, but will hopefully make us all look forward to the insanity that will surely occur before 2013 is over.

#5: 22 DWI Arrests And Going....Strong?
Allegedly New Mexico is one of the toughest states when it comes to cracking down on drunk driving unless, of course, you're this guy and apparently above the law. 

#4: This is a hold up! Give me all of your....toilet paper?
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when these guys got to jail and all of the other inmates asked them what they were in for. I'm guessing that stealing toilet paper would put them pretty low on the criminal totem pole. Don't drop the soap, boys.

#3: How is this even physically possible??
So this guy, genius that he is, was having sex while driving drunk (seriously, how?? I can't even chew gum and walk at the same time) when, unsurprisingly, he crashed his car and sent his lady friend flying through the windshield. And then, because in his drunken state he obviously thought he was in a cartoon, he hid behind a cactus. He probably also covered his eyes and figured that if he couldn't see the cops, the cops couldn't see him. Awesome.

#2: He Did WHAT To WHERE?!
To be fair, I know little to nothing about heroin or how to inject it (I don't even like getting a flu shot!). But I'm pretty sure that you don't want to do it the way that this guy did. OUCH.

#1: Plotting Bieber's Demise
We all wish that Justin Bieber would go away but these guys took it to a whole new level. I know Biebs thinks that all  he needs is a beauty and a beat, but he may want to consider throwing some burly body guards into the mix as well. 

Okay, so we don't always keep it classy here in New Mexico, but we certainly keep it interesting.


4 comments:

  1. Yep! That's my homeland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh out loud in the literal sense of the phrase. Love the Biebs thinking he only needs the beauty and the beat.. lol. God, I miss New Mexico.... sometimes.

    ReplyDelete