Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 2: Life Lessons From 30 Rock

If there's one thing that you should know about me, it's that Liz Lemon is my spirit animal.

If that sentence means nothing to you, then you probably haven't watched enough 30 Rock in your life and I am both really sad for you and more than willing to help you amend that problem. 30 Rock is my favorite show and I think that it's one of the funniest, smartest, most amazing show to have ever graced my eyeballs A big part of my love for 30 Rock is Tina Fey (Liz Lemon). Tina Fey is my hero. I would do anything to work for her, even if my job entailed lying across puddles so she could walk on my back and not get her shoes wet. I would be that person. And then I would brag about it in my Christmas newsletter (I don't actually have a Christmas newsletter, currently, but if I was Tina Fey's personal puddle coverer, you can bet I'd start one). And Tina is only one of the many talented people that worked for the show. Personally, I am equal parts awed and envious of the insane talent of every single 30 Rock writer and am probably making an idiot out of myself trying to impress one on Twitter as you read this. I would have killed to be one of those writers.

Unfortunately the show ended earlier this year, but it will always remain one of my favorites. Not only is it always hilarious, often ridiculous and frighteningly on-point, it has also provided me with many essential life lessons:


Lesson #10: Patience Is a Virtue


Lesson #9: The Art of Small Talk


Lesson #8: How To Get Out of Jury Duty


Lesson #7: The Importance of Proper Grammar



Lesson #6: You Are Nothing Without Your Principals



Lesson #5: How Corporate America Really Works



Lesson #4: The Importance Of Self-Respect


Lesson #3: It's Important To Maintain a Healthy Diet



Lesson #2: There Is Nothing More Disgusting Than The Word 'Lovers'



#1: We Are All Hopelessly Flawed


30 Rock. They did it all.


*Even Mr. Burns Loves Tina Fey

No comments:

Post a Comment